At Halpewatte our tea truly has a class of its own. Unlike other exporters, we specialize in factory-fresh, single-estate teas. We do not only buy directly from the factory of your choice, we also ensure that your tea is not warehoused for longer than 72 hours. Whether our teas reach you in bulk quantities or in value-added packs, we guarantee that our teas are unblended and fresh, retaining the flavorful characteristics of authentic Ceylon tea.
We currently export tea to Japan, England and Turkey, in various types and packaging. For more information on existing exports, please visit our Products page or e-mail us with your enquiries.
Halpewatte Tea and UHE Exports… our specialty
- We manufacture and export factory fresh, unblended single estate teas
- We own and manage our plantations and factories. Hence able to ensure the highest standards of quality in all our products
- If our buyers wish to source tea from a particular region or a factory (Eg: Nuwara Eliya, Dimbula, etc), we are geared to source such requirements directly eliminating the involvement of intermediaries thus saving unnecessary costs and time.
- We do not lower the quality of tea by blending with teas obtained from other sources. Our tea is provided ‘as it is’
- We are able to provide you factory fresh tea in any grade and quantity as per your demand.
- We do not store our teas in warehouses for too long thus we ensure the freshness and real taste of our teas.
Halpewatte Tea bears the ‘Lion Logo’
The ‘Ceylon Tea – Lion Logo’ denotes not only the country of origin, but also the quality of Ceylon tea. The 'Sri Lanka Tea Board' is the legitimate owner of the Lion Logo and this logo is awarded only after a stringent assessment relating to the manufacturing, packaging and handling processes relating to tea. Moreover, the Lion Logo can be only used in consumer packs of Ceylon tea and guarantees to contain 100% pure Ceylon tea, manufactured and packed in Sri Lanka that conform to highest standards of quality demanded by the world’s tea industry.