About Halpè Tea - Premium Ceylon Tea
Founder Mr. A. P. D. Abeyrathne, acknowledged his commitment to tea in 1971 when he acquired the Uva Greenland Tea estate, once owned by a British national. Since then, with great diligence and empathy towards a growing clientele, he has been of service to many people around the world, producing some of the freshest and finest Ceylon tea Sri Lanka has to offer. Nearly three decades later, today he is joined by his beloved wife and three sons who all share the same passion and commitment towards producing that perfect cup of premium Ceylon tea. Still a family business at heart, Halpé Tea continues to lay its focus beyond mere commercial gain, with a devotion to produce the best of tea with a personal touch of care and a great detail of quality.
- We do not store our teas in warehouses thus we ensure the freshness and real taste of our teas as soon as we manufacture.
- We are a vertically integrated operation, where our teas are plucked from our very own plantations (Hence able to ensure the highest standards of quality in all our products), then manufactured and sold directly without the involvement of intermediaries.
- We do not lower the quality of tea by blending with teas obtained from other sources. Our tea is provided ‘as it is’
- Lion logo of quality– Halpé tea is a proud bearer of the Lion logo, a symbol of quality granted by the Ceylon Tea Board, the apex body, regulating the tea industry in Sri Lanka. The Lion logo therefore, epitomizes the high level of quality of our products.
- If our buyers wish to source tea from a particular region or a factory (Eg: Nuwara Eliya, Dimbula, Kandy etc), we are geared to source such requirements directly eliminating the involvement of intermediaries.